Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 5: Fishy fun!!!

Today was my second day of exploring D.C.!!  It was just as awesome as yesterday!


But, before I get started with my adventures today, I have a few notes about the metro.
1.  PDA on the metro is NOT OK.  It is also not necessary.
2.  Sunglasses are not needed underground.  Take them off.
3.  The "metro police" will really arrest me if I have food or drinks?
4.  Taking pictures of the trains makes you look more like a tourist than you already are.  Take it easy, killer.


Oh, and another side note.  This makes me sound like an old lady, but children are out of control.  They all need to be on leashes!!  (P.S. I saw 5 leash kids today)  But, the thing is, it's not the toddlers who are out of control, they are just FHA (Future Hooligans of America).  The ones we really have to watch out for are ages 7-17, particularly males.  Three boys (probably about 15) ran passed a security guard...she told them to stop running...so they walked passed her, got around the corner and started sprinting again.  Then I tried to get on the up escalator but there were 4 boys (about age 17) who were running DOWN the UP escalator.  Then there were a group of girls (age 14 I would guess) who were going up to statues and putting their fingers up the noses of the statues and taking pictures.  THESE are the kids we need to leash up!  Or just not take out of the house, either one works.  Sheeesh.


Now onto my sight seeing.  I started my day by going to the American History Museum.  For those of you who really know me, I am not a big fan of history.  Never have been, who knows if I ever will be.  BUT I really enjoyed this museum!  They make history fun!  I saw a lot of really cool exhibits, here are some of the highlights!
The original Washington Monument.  Did you know there was an original?!  I didn't! 
Part of Plymouth Rock!!  According to my dad seeing Plymouth Rock should be "complete" for me now! hahaha
Babe Ruth's autograph on a baseball!  How neat is that?! 
Dorothy's ruby slippers.  If they remade the movie they would probably have to be about 5 inches!
The dress Michelle Obama wore on Inauguration night! 
The top hat Lincoln was wearing the night he was killed. 
Part of the American flag that inspired the Star Spangled Banner!! They wouldn't let you take pictures of the actual full flag, but it was one of my favorite exhibits! Way cool!
Part of the Berlin Wall.
I really liked the Star Spangled Banner exhibit (like I mentioned before) and I really liked the President exhibit.  The First Lady section was really cool as well.  They had a lot of the dresses the First Ladies wore on Inauguration night which was really neat.  Again, to see many more pictures check out my Facebook page!

After the Museum I went to the National Aquarium...and I had a BLAST!  I actually walked through it twice because I liked it so much!!  Some of the fish were so interesting and really pretty!  I got a lot of great pictures, it was like a little fishy photo shoot :)  It's hard for me to narrow down my favorite pics, but here are some!  (Check out Facebook for all of them!!)
Alligator!!  AHH!!  I got there right in time for them to feed him!! 
Cute lil frog :)
Polka dot fishy!!
Colorful fish!
Dory!!!!
Stingray!
Seahorse!!  There were a lot of them! 
Turtles! They were buddies :)
Blue!
More colorful fish :)
Well, I hope you enjoyed my pictures today!! :)  I had so much fun taking all the pictures of the fish and ocean creatures!!  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do tomorrow.  It's supposed to rain, so I may stay around where I live and go to a few shops downtown, or I may go back to the National Mall/Museum area and do a few more things!  We'll see!!  More tomorrow :)


Shelby*

No comments:

Post a Comment