Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 10: Helicopters, airplanes & spacecrafts

Today was a fun filled day full of research about, you guessed it, helicopters, airplanes and spacecrafts!


Side note before I forget: I didn't see Ruth AGAIN.  She may be missing.


First thing this morning I was asked to do research for Max about his trip to the Williston Oil Rigs.  He needs to schedule a helicopter/plane tour over the oil rigs.  I couldn't find any specific Williston helicopter tours, but I found a few different companies that I contacted for more information.  Max leaves in less than two weeks, so we'll be finishing up a lot of details this week I'm sure.


After that I wrote an article to go along with the story about the FPV (First Person View) remote controlled planes, that I mentioned I did research for on Monday.  My article ended up being almost a page long and when I was done I gave it to Lisa who is writing/translating the master article.  She said it was good and well written.  She said she would add a few of my sentences to her article and then we could put my name on it as well.  She also said some of the things I wrote wouldn't translate the same way in German, which is understandable.


The last thing I did today was research about the new Dragon Spacecraft NASA is working on.  Actually, it's not new, but there are some new aspects to it.  Apparently the Vice President of Operations is from Germany, so of course, that is the angle we are taking on it.  I started doing research, but I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to look for, and none of the correspondents were in the office today...so I was kinda stuck.


My ride home today was awful!! :(  I got off of work early today because I was done working on my stuff, so I figured the buses wouldn't be too crowded because it wasn't 5pm yet.  The first bus was fine, but the second bus was a nightmare!!  It was sooooo crowded and the bus driver kept letting people on!!  There were people pushing other people and some people were yelling and getting mad and there were a bunch of kids!!  I finally got off and walked the last 5 blocks because I was about to have a panic attack!!  It was no fun!!


Sorry today's post wasn't very exciting, but I figured I had to write something to keep everyone in the loop!!  More tomorrow :)


Shelby*


P.S.  Apparently on Monday Bryce Harper played in a pickup softball game near the Washington Monument and then he went exploring because he had never seen D.C. before!!  Too bad it wasn't last week when I was exploring too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment