Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 22: When it rains, it pours....and everyone rides the bus.

One week left at my internship!!!


So obviously you saw the title of this blog...and yes, it rained all day.  The buses were very busy this morning!


When I got to work this morning I had several emails from people about helping me out with the student debt story!!  So I was very happy.  I am currently in contact with 2 people who are searching for people in the D.C. area who we can talk to!  So that is very good.  I made a few more contacts throughout the day and checked up on some of the blogs I had posted on.  It was not a very exciting day at work, but it happens.


Max was back at work today from North Dakota.  He said he got a lot of good footage and it should be a good story!!  So that made me happy since I did a lot of the research!


They are having a talk show at the end of the month and unfortunately I won't be there.  There are a lot of people coming for it and they are trying to get 190 people for a live audience.  They are having a hard time finding people so when someone RSVP's everyone gets excited, so it's kinda funny.


My cousin Shannon is in town for business, so tonight we went out for dinner.  He picked me up and we decided to go to a restaurant that the taxi driver recommended.  He said he had never eaten there before, but he takes people there all the time so it must be good.  The restaurant was "The Capitol Grill."  Sounds normal!  Now, I didn't know where we would be eating, so I was in jeans and my Wartburg fleece.  Shannon was in a suit because that is what he had to wear for the day.  So we go up to the hostess counter and tell the lady "2 please."  She said, "Did you call ahead and make a reservation?"  Shannon said no.  It was only 6pm and she said they had a table but we would have to be done by 8 because there was a reservation coming in.  Shannon said that would be plenty of time and he started laughing and said "and besides, if we are still sitting there, just come up and take the table." hahaha?  No.  Very seriously she said, "Oh.  We will."  Alrightyyyyyyy then!  


So they take us to our table.....and it's a very fancy restaurant....andddddd I'm in jeans.  Oops.  So we sit down and hand us the menu and I'm pretty sure my eyes looked like this... oO .... yeah.  I about fell out of my seat when I saw the prices!  The prices on the menu ranged from $10 (for a cup of soup) to $99 (for a seafood platter)!  It was crazy!  All the entrees were between $30-$60!  Ahhhh I was like this is wayyyy too fancy pants for me!  But we stayed and it was very good!  While we were sitting there I was expecting Obama to walk in!  We were probably surrounded by Senators!!  Oh....and the waiter asked what we wanted to drink.  Shannon asked for wine and I asked for water.  The waiter asked me what kind?  I was thinking "Um....clear and wet, please?"  Then he said "iced or bottled?"  I almost laughed when I said "iced will be fine."  Ahhh yeah.  It was quite the experience.  


Then when we were going to leave we asked for a cab and one of the guys outside of the restaurant said, "Oh!  I"ll take them!"  He led us to this town car that was super nice.  He then drove me home and took Shannon back to Arlington!  It was funny, while we were on our way to my apartment he pointed to a restaurant and asked if I had eaten there yet.  He said it was world famous and a lot of famous people have eaten there.  I said no, is it good?  His response?  "Eh....."  Hahahahaha I was like ooohhhhhhh geez!


Well that was my Monday!!!  More tomorrow :)


Shelby*

No comments:

Post a Comment