Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 18: So are you a student in the D.C. area who is in debt?

Today I didn't do much at work.  I mostly just kept trying to find a student in the D.C. area who is in debt and can't find a job...which has not been easy.  I can't even begin to tell you how many blogs I've posted on and articles I've commented on trying to find someone!  I was told I might just have to go to George Washington University tomorrow and look for someone.  But I'm pretty sure they are out of school...so I'm not sure how that will work.


Oh right, the photographer at Deutsche Welle has been reading my blog apparently and he was mad at me today cause I just call him "the photographer" in my blog.  His name is Ingo, so from now on I will use his name!  He is awesome....and German!  Oh and the other correspondent who I mention a lot is Mr. Soric.  There now we all know each other!


I got an email from Max this morning saying he is enjoying North Dakota, so that's good!  He also said, after doing research I assume, that strippers in North Dakota make up to $2000 a NIGHT!  How insane is that?!  College would be paid for real quick...I'm just saying...


Oh, so today when I went for lunch I stopped at CVS pharmacy to get a drink.  (My lunch today was a peanut butter sandwich, rainbow goldfish crackers, and Scooby Doo fruit snacks.  I told my mom I felt like a child.  She then said I was a child and that is the kind of lunch she would've packed me if I were going on a field trip......anddddd I'm ok with that!)  So anyways, CVS was super busy, because it was lunch time, and all the check out lines were very long.  Well, I was in line for one of the lanes where you just scan it yourself and there was a lady in the other line throwing a fit about how long the lines were and how they weren't moving.  She started getting mad at an employee who was on the phone (a work phone, not his cell phone) instead of checking people out.  He said to her, "I'm sorry mam, but I'm trying to deal with something bigger than all of this right now."  She threw everything she had in her arms on the floor and stormed out!!  I was in shock!  This was a grown woman!  Then I thought about my "childish" lunch and decided nope, I didn't throw a temper tantrum in the middle of CVS...therefore, I am not a child :)


I'm starting to recognize people on the bus.  It makes me feel like I have friends :)


Oh, and I keep forgetting.  So remember how I mentioned that Bryce Harper played a pick up softball game in front of the Washington Monument last week?  Welllllllll, it turns out that the team he played against was the Fighting Pandas, the WWF team.  Lee (who I live with) plays on that team!!!  Unfortunately when this occurred he was on vacation!  How cool would that have been though?!  Here is a video of it!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuc7_4HkYsU


So recently I have found out who has been reading my blog, and I won't mention names, but it's pretty cool! I thought just my family and a few friends were reading it, but I guess I was wrong!  I was talking to my dad last night and he said what if Obama was reading my blog.....?  Whoa.  So that got me thinking.  What if Obama was reading my blog?!  Mind blowing right?  Then that got me thinking more (never good....)  And I came up with a list of people who I would be stoked about if they were reading my blog.  Those people are (in no particular order):  Barack Obama, Clint Eastwood, Ellen Degeneres, Brian Urlacher, Bradley Cooper, Betty White and Spiderman.  So, if any of you listed are reading my blog, please comment and let me know....cause that would be TOTALLY LEGIT!


So thanks to everyone who reads my blog!! :)  It means a lot!  Tomorrow is Friday!  Who's pumped?  ME. Enjoy the rest of your night and more tomorrow :)

Shelby*

1 comment: