Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 15: Prince Harry came back for me!!!

Prince Harry came back to Washington D.C. for me today!!!!! :)  Just kidding :(  But seriously...he was here today.  Apparently he was never here like 2 weeks ago when I was told he was.....so today was my chance with him....and it didn't happen.....BUT I'm definitely not giving up hope!!


Today they kept me busy at work!!  Max leaves tomorrow for North Dakota so most of the morning I was on the phone making sure everything was set.  I FINALLY heard back from a lady at one of the Indian tribes.  She gave me a few names and numbers of people who are against the oil rigs, so that was great!!  


After that I was asked to do some different research about the media bias story.  This time I was asked to find information about how people are educated by the media.  Again, it has been hard to find information (reliable, current, etc.) regarding this topic.  I found a few articles, but I plan on looking for more tomorrow.


One of the correspondents took me out for lunch, which was very nice.  We had a really good conversation about college and how it differs in the United States and in Germany.  Did you know that in Germany college is FREE?!  Room and board costs money, but tuition is free.  They feel like everyone deserves the chance to further their education, no matter what their situation is like at home.  How sweet is that?!  I think it's a super idea!!  We also talked about the future and how hard it is to find a job and stuff like that, so I had a good time!


This afternoon I did some research on a few different things and made a few more phone calls regarding Max's trip...I hope everything goes smoothly for him!!


Did you hear the National Christmas tree died this weekend?!  So heart breaking......


Tomorrow afternoon Lisa and I are going to the Charles E. Smith Living Community in Rockville, about 45 minutes away.  There, we will meet with the director and a few people about the Holocaust survivors story we are thinking about doing.  The lady who I have been in contact with seems very nice, so fingers crossed we are able to find some people with a story to tell!!


Oh yeah....here is the article Lisa and I wrote.  It is currently on the Deutsche Welle website, which is pretty cool, but it's in German....so good luck with it!! http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,15930407,00.html


Good news....I saw a lady in a purple coat today....it may or may not be Ruth, but I think it was!!!


Also, since going to the International Spy Museum on Saturday I think everyone is a spy....but I spotted 3 people on the bus today who are DEFINITELY spies!!  I'm sure of it.


ANDDDDD on my way home tonight, I was on the bus and we stopped to let some people off.  A guy then walked off the sidewalk and stood in front of the bus and he wouldn't move!!  The bus driver was yelling at him and people on the bus were yelling at him!!  He just refused to move!!  The bus driver then yelled "You know what?!  I have some BROTHERS on this bus who will come out and remove you!!"  I stood up and yelled "YEAH!!"  Just kidding...I didn't really do that....but I thought about it!  But she really did yell that and that got him to move!!  It was so bizarre.....


Well, that's about it for today!!  More tomorrow :)

Shelby*


No comments:

Post a Comment