Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 25: 3 shots of espresso is too much espresso!

This morning I left a little early so I could get coffee.  A large with 3 shots of espresso seemed like a good idea at the time!  I was shaking after an hour.  Ahhhh sooo hyper!!!!!


This morning Max asked me if I could look up the contact information for summer schools for all the colleges in the area.  He decided he is going back to school!  hahahaha just kidding :)  He is looking for more people to invite to his talk show at the end of the month.  Once I get names and contact information for the people in charge of the summer sessions at the colleges we can send the emails to them and they can send the invite out to the students.  It took most of the day so find out how to contact people in charge of summer sessions.  I made the initial contacts today and hopefully I can get some more specific contact information tomorrow so they can send the invites out on Monday.


Max took me out to lunch today, which was really nice!  And lunch was really good too!  But I was told all our conversations were "off the record".....which I assume means "not for your blog"....sooooo that was lunch!


Today was Lisa's last day so she brought cookies!!! (Which didn't help with my hyperness this morning...)  It was nice meeting her and working with her and I hope she enjoys the rest of her time in the U.S.!!


Tomorrow morning Ingo and I get to take a field trip to IKEA to get the furniture Max needs!!  Woooooo!!!  Who's pumped?  I'm pumped.


Also, tomorrow Lisa won't be there (obviously) and Lori will be gone.  Who's in charge of answering the phone?  Me.  I warned them, if someone calls and starts speaking German I'm gonna be all like "No hablo german-o!!!"  They told me that if I answer the phone in English, the person on the other line will know to speak in English. But I don't buy that....I feel like all the Germans who speak German and only German are going to call tomorrow.  And I'm gonna have a panic attack.  Hopefully they all call while I'm at IKEA!


My ride home tonight was RIDICULOUS!!!  Not exaggerating, it took an hour and 35 minutes to get home.  (Just for a comparison, I've gotten home in 25 minutes before...)  It was awful!  There was so much traffic and there were so many people on the buses!  I think that is something that would drive me crazy if I lived here!  You never know how long it will take you to get somewhere!  It would get really annoying...really fast.


Oh, and I forgot to put this in yesterday's post, but yesterday a lady pushed me while we were getting on the bus.  And I'm not saying she just ran into me.  We were all merging into one line and she was behind me and she legit pushed me out of the way and got in front of me!!  It totally threw me off!  And then she ended up getting the last seat on the bus!  Boo.  Rude. 


Well, sorry today wasn't more exciting!  BUT good news!!  Penni (my adviser) and her husband, John, are visiting me tomorrow!  They will be here all weekend and it will be a full weekend...but I'm very excited!  There is an Outfly planned for alumni here on Sunday afternoon, so we will be attending that and doing sight seeing!  I'm looking forward to an awesome weekend and I can't wait to see them!!!! :)


2 days left at my internship and 5.5 days left in D.C.!!!  My adventure is coming to an end, but I'm getting ready to be home and with my friends and family again!!  More tomorrow :)

Shelby*

No comments:

Post a Comment