Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 24: Take me out to the ball game!

This morning at work I set up the interview with the lady in D.C.  She graduated from George Washington University two years ago, she is $250,000 in debt, and she is struggling to find a job....exactly what we were looking for! ....so I thought.


I set up the interview for 2:30pm.  We planned on meeting her on the GW campus and I had already contacted them to make sure it was ok that we filmed on campus.  The media people at GW then contacted campus security to let them know we would be coming.  So everything was good to go.


Around 11am Mr. Soric came out and asked me how much debt the lady we were interviewing was in.  I told him $250,000 because she got her bachelor's degree and her masters, so she was in school for a while.  He said he is looking for a student with an average amount of debt (between $25,000-$60,000, I found out from research) so the lady who I found would not work.  He asked me to cancel the interview.  It was a little frustrating because I had spent a week looking for a student in debt and I finally found one and then it wouldn't work.  Sooooo I had to contact her and apologize and I had to contact GW and let them know I would not be coming any more.


After that Mr. Soric had the idea that I find a Wartburg student who is in debt and may be struggling to find a job, since he will be at Wartburg for graduation anyway.  I told him I would look, but he wouldn't get a graduate student...he said that was alright.  Soooo now I'm looking for a Wartburg student, but haven't had much luck!  So if you are someone or you know someone who is in debt and struggling to find a job and you will be in Waverly on graduation, let me know!


In the afternoon Ingo was going to the Corcoran Art Gallery to get some outside shots and he invited me to tag along, so I did.  That is where Max's talk show is going to be at the end of the month.  When we got there he let me do some camera work, which was really nice!  Hopefully I got some good shots that he can use!  While we were standing there I witnessed a fender bender.  Bummer, right?!  Wanna know the worst part?  It really wasn't even that bad...the two guys could've just easily shared their insurance information and been on their way.  But, we are in Washington D.C....and we were pretty close to the White House.  So there are cops EVERYWHERE!  Not long after it happened a cop car pulled up.  Then 2 bike cops came.  At one point there were 4 cops there....and it seriously wasn't bad.  The front end of the one car had a little damage...but it hit an SUV so the SUV didn't have much damage at all.  It would've ruined my day!


Tonight Lee and I went to a Nationals game and it was so much fun!  They were playing the Pittsburgh Pirates....I was just excited to see Bryce Harper, the teenage superstar, play :)  We didn't get tickets beforehand but we bought some from a guy before we went into the stadium.  $30 for a $50 ticket?!  I'll take it!  The seats were GREAT!  On the third baseline and not very far back!  It was also the perfect weather for a baseball game.  There was also this crazy guy, Terrance.  I don't really know how to describe Terrance....but I'm pretty sure he had 8 red bulls before the game....I couldn't even get a good picture of him because he was moving/dancing so fast!  Oh, and the Nats won 7-4!  It was quite the game!  Harper tripled his first at bat, there were 4 homeruns (Nats even hit back to back homeruns!), and LaRoche got his 1,000th hit! I got some really good pictures too since we had good seats!  Here are some of my favorites, and of course you can check out more on Facebook!


Good seats, huh?!

Harper :)



LaRoche after his big hit!


Nationals WIN!!!! :)
The game was so much fun and I'm really glad we went!!!  Well, more tomorrow :)

Shelby*

No comments:

Post a Comment