Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 19: Half day!!

I apologize for not posting yesterday, but I got home late!!  So here is yesterdays post and in a little bit I'll post one for today!!


Yesterday on my way to work I saw a guy smoking while riding a bike.....


At work I kept trying to find a student in the D.C. area who is in debt and who is struggling to find a job.  I actually ended up finding a few organizations that help students with debt, so hopefully we will be able to talk to them about how they help students who are in debt.  One of the organizations actually has an office in D.C., so that might work out nicely!!


Yesterday, Lisa was not at work because her husband is visiting, Lori (the secretary) left at noon, Max is still in North Dakota, and Mr. Soric left around 1pm.  Soooo it was just me and Ingo.  Ingo told me he didn't want to make me stay at work so I got to leave around 1:30pm!!  I was very excited because Lee had the day off so we could go exploring!!!


I got home and Lee had a doctors appointment to go to so I just hung out until he got back.  After he got back we headed to the Kennedy Center.  There is a free concert there every night at 6pm so we decided to go to that.  The concert was at the Millennium Stage and it was a jazz singer and her band.  She was very good and her band was very talented.  She had the perfect voice for jazz.  Even though jazz isn't something I listen to very often, I still really enjoyed it!


After the concert was over we went on the roof/terrace level of the Kennedy Center.  It was an amazing view of Washington D.C. and the sun was going down so the lighting was perfect!  We walked around and I got some really good pictures!  Here are a few of my favorites.






Watergate Hotel


Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial 



I really enjoyed the Kennedy Center and I'm glad Lee suggested it because I wasn't planing on going there!!

After that we walked along the boardwalk of Georgetown Waterfront Park.  It was soooo beautiful!  And most of the things in the park were new, according to Lee.  There were some nice restaurants, bars and a lot of people on boats!  It made me really want summer!!  Here are some pictures.

So pretty :)

Fountain in the park


Kennedy Center


Then we headed to Georgetown to have dinner.  We had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant and it was really good!  We thought about stopping at Georgetown Cupcake (from D.C. Cupcakes on TLC), but we decided not to.  I found out later last night that they were giving out free cupcakes because it was the season premiere last night!!!  Major bummer!!!  Oh well though, I bet it was super busy!

After dinner we walked back and the atmosphere on the river looked like it was a lot of fun!  The bars were crowded and there was a lot of music from the boats!  We headed back to the apartment and called it a night!  It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the Georgetown environment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment